Scholarships opportunities for students attending Papua New Guinea universities are now available. These student scholarships are provided by the OK Tedi Mining limited.
About OK Tedi Mining Limited
Ok Tedi Mining Limited operates the longest running, world-class, open-pit, copper, gold and silver mine in Papua New Guinea. As a 100% owned PNG company, we focus on responsibly generating profits to provide continuing benefits to the people of Papua New Guinea. We acknowledge that our talented and motivated people are key to safe and profitable operations, and we have a proud record of developing and providing excellent career opportunities for Papua New Guineans.
|OK Tedi Mine Student Scholarships 2023|
About the Student Scholarships
Are you a second Year student at the University of Papua New Guinea (UPNG), Divine Word University (DWU), Papua New Guinea University of Papua New Guinea (PNGUoT), and Pacific Adventist University (PAU)? Ok Tedi Mining Limited Undergraduate Student Scholarship (USS) Program is highly competitive and scholarships will be awarded on high academic excellence, offering you access to a world-class, resource and training-driven organization.
OTML is looking to sponsor students on a two-year term Undergraduate Scheme, commencing in January 2023.
Students Must have a proven record of high academic excellence and are studying in these disciplines;
- Applied Physics (with instrumentation)
- Human Resources
- Electrical Engineering
- Environmental Sciences
- Geotechnical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Mineral Processing Engineering
- Mining Engineering
To be considered for the OTML Apprenticeship Training Program you must:
- Be in your second year of study at a reputable PNG university.
- Have a GPA of 3.5 or better or a weighted average of 75% or higher.
- Students from the Preferred Area of Western Province are also encouraged to apply.
Must possess the following attributes and qualities;
- Leadership skills
- Strong oral and written communication
- Confidence and decision-making ability
- Team player
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Problem analysis and solving; and
- Consistent academic excellence.
How to apply
The application process is online. Follow the link below and apply online.
Note: You will be required to create your account profile, upload your 1 page CV with 2 contactable referees, and attach a cover letter and an official transcript containing the results for the last 3 semesters.
- Your application must be in pdf format and must not exceed the maximum allowable size of 5 megabytes (5MB)
- Only eligible applicants from Western Province or Telefomin District may hand-deliver application if in the province
APPLICATION CLOSE ON 23rd DECEMBER 2022. Late applications will not be considered.
OTML is committed to increasing the representation of women within our organization.
Females are strongly encouraged to apply.
Next : PNG PM Marape arrives in Australia for Mining & Petroleum Conference